Gossip Gamer’s Adventures at Special Edition: NYC Part Two - The Art
Unfortunately, I did not get the names of every person that I bought art from. Next time I’ll make a conscious effort to get the info from all the artists I buy from. If anybody out there recognizes the work and who it is by, please let me know! I’ll name the few that I have though:
1. Elvis by Celia Calle - my boyfriend and I always say hi to Celia every time we see her in NY cons. He started buying her art in 2012 and I bought my first poster this year!
2. Shoujo Batgirl by Kate Bresnahan - Or as I like to call the work: Batgirl-chan! Very adorable poster and I could not pass this up. I got stopped so many times during the con so I could direct others to Kate’s stand so they could also buy it.
3. Top Horror Movie Characters - I got this piece not just for myself, but also my dad, who is a huge horror movie buff. Michael Myers from Halloween is my favorite of the bunch. :D
4. Link from The Legend of Zelda - I typically don’t buy art that features video game characters (it just never turned out that way), but that is one great mature representation of Link.
5. Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z - I grew up on Dragon Ball Z so this series is near and dear to my heart. I’ve also got a thing for antiheroes, although he does eventually become a true hero. :)
6. Captain Levi from Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - My inner fangirl is quite satisfied with this purchase. By the way, this and the last two posters were done by the same artist!
9. Gamagori and Mako from Kill la Kill - GAMAGORI AND MAKO FOR THE WIN! I SHIP THEM FOREVER!
10. Haruka, Makoto, Nagisa, Rei, and Rin from Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - my boyfriend HEAVILY made fun of me for this one, but I am not ashamed. ;D By the way, this and the previous three posters were made by the same artist.
A beautiful story about a mother’s love for her son. She passed on her passion for video games to him…and that passion helped him to deal with her passing and work towards healing. Please read and share.
Reality Check delves into some new scientific research which confirms gaming can supplement and even improve your social life!
Nintendo has announced Hyrule Warriors, featuring playable co-op characters Zelda and Midna, will launch for the Wii U on September 26, 2014, in
Pac-Man has been revealed as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS. The news comes from a special event going on … right now at E3
Mortal Kombat X may feature some familiar faces, but there are a lot of changes big and small coming to the underlying mechanics of this bloody fighter.
If you had to visualize someone who self-describes as a “gamer,” what would you see? A 13 year old boy who doesn’t have many friends? A college student who prefers playing games on his futon to going to class? An overweight guy in his 40s living in his parents’ basement? Let’s face it: the stereotypes for gamers aren’t glamorous.
Loot Crate is an epic monthly subscription box for geeks and gamers for under $20. It is like Christmas every month - from t-shirts to collectible figurines, you’ll get your money’s worth and more! Each month has a theme and I’m excited to announce May’s theme as:
June’s box promises many items that transform, and more! This box is conveniently arriving around when Transformers: Age of Extinction is coming out (June 27th), so we’ll definitely get something Transformers related. I wonder what the other items will be…definitely going to be an interesting surprise.
In addition to all the initial transforming stuff, this month also features…
An exclusive t-shirt you can’t find anywhere else!
Except maybe eBay if someone decides to sell it from their crate. I wonder what they’ll put on it…
But wait, there’s more! As a subscriber, you’re automatically entered to win that month’s MEGA CRATE! This month’s mega crate:
This month’s mega crate is valued at over $1000, which is worth even more than last month’s. You can win an 8 inch limited edition 1/500 Loyal Subjects Nemesis Prime, a Hexbug Strandbeast, a San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Metroplex…but wait, there’s more! I can’t say I’m into the figures, but I am interested in the Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller and a Nintendo Wii U 32Gb Mario & Luigi Deluxe Set! I haven’t felt the need to buy a Wii U at the moment, but it would be amazing to win one.
Want a chance to win all this? Be a subscriber! Don’t know how to become one? Sign up by clicking here. At $13.37 + $6 shipping and handling ($19.37 in total), this is a steal. Be sure to check out their other monthly plans as well.
So what are you waiting for? SUBSCRIBE NOW! This is Gossip Gamer approved!* :D
*Okay maybe I’m not exactly a huge authority on anything, but you all know I’m passionate about all things nerdy and I’d never steer my followers wrong. I was very happy with my Titan and Adventure themed boxes. You can read my reviews here and here. :)
Use code JUNELOOT to get $3 off your box!
In this extended trailer, you’ll find out more about Murdered: Soul Suspect’s gameplay.
Video preview: The Evil Within - set for release on October 21 in North America and October 24 in Europe. It will be available for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC.